Anything made of chocolate is special and these chocolate truffles are extra delicious. Not only these are filled with cream and butter, but after adding the extra 4 ingredients makes it one of the tastiest snacks ever. I have included all the steps and required ingredients for the snack in this tutorial. So make sure to check out and enjoy the whole recipe.
The only required ingredients for the mouthwatering truffles are chocolate and heavy cream. However, adding 2 more items into it makes it irreplaceable.
- Pure chocolate of 8 ounces. Try to avoid chocolate chips because you will be unable to melt them into truffle consistency. Moreover, you can use milk chocolate for a sweeter truffle or a little more dark chocolate for an extra rich truffle. Milk chocolate can reduce the cream quantity as it is much softer than the dark chocolate.
- Heavy cream or heavy whipping cream is the basic ingredient of the recipe. However, avoid using half-and-half or any other liquid otherwise you will face troubles in setting up the food properly.
- To transfer this food into the creamiest one, 1 scant Tablespoon of butter is enough.
- You can also add pure vanilla extract to get an exceptional flavor.
Now that you can see the ingredients are very few, so it won’t be a problem in making these snacks. It won’t take more than just a few minutes to prepare and finish the whole process.
Directions Of Making Truffles
- Pour heavy and warm cream over the chopped chocolates.
- Now you don’t have to do anything. Allow the warm cream and chocolates sometimes to sit in the bowl before stirring them. Don’t even try to touch them before that.
- Now you can stir but make sure the chocolate has been melted properly.
- until the mixture is set, put it in the freezer for about 1-2 hours.
- Now roll the balls with your hands and coat the top with cocoa powder, or crushed nuts. You can moreover, dip them into melted or tempered chocolate.
Troubleshooting The Truffles
Even though you are using very few ingredients and the methods are also easy, mishappens can occur anytime. And if you encounter any situation of the kind, these tips can help you.
Chocolate Won’t Melt
Try to chop the truffle into small pieces to avoid this situation. The small the chocolate chunks will be, the quicker the chocolate will melt. Moreover, if the cream is not hot enough, then there is a possible chance of not melting the chocolate. If you are still unable to melt the chocolate, then place a heat-proof bowl over a pot of 1 inch of simmering water and stir. Keep stirring until it melts.
Ganache Won’t Thicken
Always try to use pure chocolate rather than chocolate chips and heavy cream. Try to pour the mixture into a shallow dish and also put it into the refrigerator until thickened.
If you liked this chocolate truffles recipe, make sure to check out our other recipes that we try out regularly.