The basic chocolate cupcake is made with basic ingredients and it does not have any fancy stuff. A beginner can easily bake this cupcake at home with desirable results. Once you learn how to make a basic chocolate cupcake, you can later proceed to adding icing and buttercream frosting for decoration. Here are a few recipes for a basic chocolate cupcake.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Celsius. Line a muffin tray with 12 hollows. Use parchment paper or foil liners
- Take a medium saucepan and melt the butter and mix the vegetable oil and water and let them come to a boil.
- Take a large bowl, sift the flour with cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the melted butter and oil mixture and beat everything well with a handheld beater until you get a smooth batter.
- Add the egg and mix that well too
- Next add the buttermilk and vanilla and again beat until smooth
- Pour this batter in the muffin trays and remember not to fill them up mor than 3/4th.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Once done, remove and check with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.
- Let them cool and then remove them in a plate.
- You can frost these with ready-made frosting.
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- For the topping – chocolate or vanilla buttercream and sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tray and keep ready
- Whisk the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and combine them all well.
- Take eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in another bowl and mix well.
- Pour all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and then add half of the buttermilk.
- Whisk for a few minutes and then again repeat with the remaining wet ingredients. Stir well but do not overmix.
- Pour this batter into the cup tray and bake for 21 minutes. cool them completely before frosting.
These are two of the easiest and most basic chocolate cupcake recipes that you can try at home. Both are very easy to make and guarantee soft and delicious cupcakes in less time. These can be made at home easily even by an amateur baker. You can go ahead and further experiment with different kinds of frosting and flavors.